Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nine Months since Carissa Passed Away

I have joined a little group of moms who have lost children with Down Syndrome. The ages of the children are different as are the causes of death but one thing remains the same, we have all lost a beloved child.

As I have been emailing back and forth it has made me want to document more what our thoughts and feelings are about Carissa, what she taught us, how her example continues to teach us and how much we miss her. It occured to me yesterday that it was the nine month anniversary of when she died.

I wanted to post this wonderful tribute that Amy put together so that others could enjoy it. When I can figure out how, I will also post the video of Dan's amazing talk that he gave at her funeral. For now, I will just post the text.

I am so thankful for the love that our family has for each other and that our children had for their sister and I hope that you will be touched and reminded of what an exceptional young woman Carissa was.


Posted by Picasa






No comments:

On Testimony and Feeling the Spirit Testify

I found a few drafts in my folder that I started and never posted.  If you are confused at the date, that's why. http://geoffsn.blo...