Thursday, August 3, 2017

I Love Him. I'll Serve Him. He is my Savior.

My Savior, My Brother, My Friend

The time is almost here.  In just a few short days we report to the MTC to start training for our mission.  I have had many tender moments as I think of leaving all those I love and will miss so much.  Tears have come to my eyes as I have sat with grandchildren on my lap or watched my children together this past couple of weeks.

When Tony and I served in the MTC for four years working with the young men and women who were there getting ready to serve their own full time missions.  Many came with heavy hearts.  There were many worries about problems at home.  Sickness, financial burdens, family struggles and homesickness.  Leaving home is hard.

The scripture we shared quite often with our missionaries comes from Doctrine and Covenants 100:1.
The background of this revelation to Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon  is they had been absent from their families for several days as they went out to preach the Gospel.  They had left their families in dire straights but followed Heavenly Father's will to go bring others unto Christ.  They were worried about their families.  Their hearts were heavy.
The scripture reads:

Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friends Sidney and Joseph, your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power.


As Tony and I prepare to leave, we are exercising much faith in the message of this scripture.  We have family concerns and many who count on us for different reasons.  We have faith that Heavenly Father will take care of our loved ones.  He can do it much better than we can.  He knows their needs, loves them and knows how best to help them.  The Lord will provide.  We know that our family will be blessed as we serve Him with all our hearts, might, mind and strength.

No comments:

On Testimony and Feeling the Spirit Testify

I found a few drafts in my folder that I started and never posted.  If you are confused at the date, that's why. http://geoffsn.blo...